Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Ramblings.

Have you ever had your life planned out a certain way, thinking that if it worked out just how you wanted it to that it would be your perfect life? I feel like we all have done this at one time or another, and sometimes it is difficult to turn your plans over to the Lord to revise. Trusting in Him, and His plan for each of us is something that can change our life perspective. This past week as I was reading my scriptures, I read 2 Nephi 2:24. It says:
 "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things."
I had a certain course that I had imagined my life taking, and I was kind of starting to get frustrated that it hadn't done so. Through different interactions and things that went on throughout the next few days, I began thanking my Heavenly Father that they didn't turn out the way I wanted. It was at this time that I had an 'ah-ha!' moment. :) I was reminded that He does indeed have a detailed plan for each of us, no matter where we are in our lives. And even better, the plan that He has for us is one that is much better than we planned out. As we keep our covenants and stay near Him, we will be led what steps to take next to become closer to fulfilling that plan.
- - -
Angelene & Shara's family came for Fall Break, best weekend ever! We carved pumpkins, made silly faces, had little dance parties, read books, took pictures, and just had a most joyous time. :) Every day I think about how much I am going to miss my family (and especially munchkins) while I'm on my mission. I'll just say that we'll cross that bridge when we get there. :) It kinda stinks being a homebody sometimes!!
I can't believe how BIG these two have gotten since September!! 
My friend, Meagann, and I did a Jimmy Fallon lip sync, we were supposed to post in on YouTube, he would watch them all and then make a 'supercut' of all of his favorites. To our BIG surprise, we made it onto his video! I still can't quite believe it, but wahoo! hahaha. We were giraffes in the video...quite embarrassing but hey it paid off! :) 
To see Jimmy's video (yes, we're on a first name basis now;) go here: 'Ew!' Supercut We're at 1:48. I promise Meagann is behind me, sadly he didn't show her. :'(
 Elder Russell M. Nelson came to my stake conference. After the Saturday night session I went up and shook his hand (as well as Elder Larsen, of the seventy), such a sweet man. It was so amazing to meet him! After the Sunday session I went to take Ava to meet them both, so I of course shook their hands again. And, they both remembered me! I asked my family if they remembered them and they said they didn't! It made me feel kinda special. :) The meetings were so amazing and the spirit was so strong. I truly know that President Monson is a Prophet of God and that the Apostles are the Lord's mouth piece! 
At our recent work banquet, Lee and I got matching outfits. I got basically a whole new wardrobe consisting of 'Pointe' attire. :) haha, I love it! Lee may not always love to match me...but I kind love matching that cool kid. [If you have bug problems let me know, I'll hook ya up. ;)]
Chopping grain with my daddy is always usually a fun time. :) This time Angelene was with us so we just had to capture a picture of the fun, haha. I sure love this farm life. 
And, really!? How more beautiful could this get!? Seriously, country the life can't be replaced.
Life is good. 

No comments: