Saturday, September 20, 2014

We are family!

Isn't there a song that goes along with the title? Maybe not...
We recently had an Izzy family reunion and it was a blast. A bit chaotic and crazy with nine nieces & nephews ages four and under...but that's how I like it. :) It was so fun to be back with my whole family, Heaven must be a bit like what this weekend was.
We met at Sherese's house and went to a beautiful reservoir, the kids loved playing in the water and the boys enjoyed fishing and bow practice! That night we slept in tents in her back yard, oh how I have missed camping! No, that wasn't real 'camping' but my summer wasn't quite complete without sleeping in a tent. :) The next day the boys helped Eric on building their new house, while the ladies stayed home with the children and tried to entertain them. It was such a fun weekend and one that I will always remember! I'm so blessed with such great best friends.


Obsessed with my munchkins. And sunsets. And the beach. And life. :) 
If you click on this picture, you'll notice that there are two Kyles (brown sweatshirt). He must have moved as I was taking my panoramic picture. :) 
Loove sunsets. 
Snack time for the kiddos! 
Sherese made this awesome plastic thing filled with water, the kids loved it!!
What kiddos don't love bounce houses?!
The boys - hard at work! 
It's coming a long quite nicely. :) 
This little man loves his grandpa (and namesake!). 
Trying to be in the shade and eat some snacks. :) 
I'm such a lucky, lucky auntie. 
Star & Moon (mini ponies) were a hit!
I could eat him. 
We missed Loren & Meg for the picture, as well as Eric & Kyle! 
I looove these crazies. :) 
- - -
In other news...I've almost completed a month of school! And for those who missed my announcement, I'm engaged!!!
Just kidding...that's somewhere down the road. :) I've decided to serve a mission and couldn't be more excited. Accepting the Lord's will is an amazing thing, and the peace you can get from that is life changing. I didn't really want to serve a mission, but I know that is what I'm supposed to do, and I know that with Him I can do anything. So excited to share this joy, happiness, and peace with others! Life is just too good. 
Sam & I went night hiking the other night...so fun! We didn't even die, or get lost (almost did:), see any scary creature...or fall down the mountain! haha. But we did see tender mercies...our flash lights lasted the entire time! I love seeing how God watches out for the little things in our lives.
I heart nature. *above taken at Maughan's Hollow...below taken in my backyard during a thunderstorm!*
And I just have to say that I love having these two so much closer now!! 

No comments: