Sunday, August 31, 2014

back to reeeal life.

school has started.
i'm searching for a job.
enjoying being with my family & friends again.
- - -
The drive home was long, but so good! I'm so blessed to have such an awesome brother who I consider such a great friend. The first night we slept in the truck (not recommended!), the next we stopped in Nauvoo (Illinois is my new favorite state, soo very beautiful), and the next we drove until three in the morning to Cheyenne. We {eventually} made it home. :)
I was obsessed with all the sunsets on the way home. This was in Nauvoo!
Carthage Jail. Such a special spirit. 
Nauvoo Temple.
Mississippi River!
This time around we got through the drive by playing bloody knuckles...hahah
We fit a couch & chair, dresser, t.v., and five people's belongings in this little trailer! Packing level of a pro. 
We stopped in Columbus, Ohio at my Dad's main headquarters. 
- - - 
Sophomore year is well on it's way! I like my classes, let's hope I can keep everything organized this semester. :) But let's admit the first of the year is a tad bit overwhelming! New schedules, new teachers, new jobs...change is hard sometimes. But through that we grow and mature! Life is good.
Taya & I at the Ogden Temple. So beautiful!
I've really missed this girl. :) 
- - -
I've had a few questions lately about what the status is of serving a mission. I realize that my whole life I have said I was serving and I kinda brought this all upon myself. :) But these past few months I have prayed and studied, and have gotten the answers from my Heavenly Father that I need. Serving a mission isn't in my plans right now, for the next year or so. I'll go to school this year and we'll see what is supposed to happen next fall. But for now I'm trying my best to be a missionary here, in my words and actions! I'm so very thankful for my many friends and family members who are serving and bringing the gospel to so many people. Prayer is so real, and God will always provide us with answers. He is always listening! I know that.
I'll end with this quote from Sister Hinckley. It is so easy to get caught up in our lives and what we want them to be, I'm really good at that. :) I've set a new goal, though, to enjoy the now. Yes, the future is so bright and I'm so excited for everything that is going to happen...but as we do that we forget to enjoy each day-to-day moment and the happiness found there. Another day, another blessing!

No comments: