Tuesday, April 1, 2014

♪♫ happy ♪♫

I've been asked before how I could be so happy, with the different trials I've been blessed (they don't say blessed, but I consider them my biggest blessings!:) with. They are shocked that with my many differences and things I'm going through that I can smile through it all and continue being happy. There are many different reasons that I'm a happy person...the biggest one of all though is because of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
It's no secret, life is rough. It is just plain awful some days! Trust me, I've had them. I remember a time when I was about eight, my facial palsy had just started and I was upset. I looked so different, I was teased at school. I wasn't happy with how I looked and was so confused why Heavenly Father would make such a thing happen.
I was young, but I quickly gained a testimony of my Father in Heaven and how real He is. Through those painful days of being teased at school, coming home crying and not ever wanting to go back. My numerous doctor appointments and procedures, trying to figure out what was up and how they could help me. Through everything, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were by my side, and continue to be. I quickly learned how much they loved me, and my many differences. Through the Atonement, I gained an indescribable amount of strength and felt His infinite love. It is because of Him, and my Father in Heaven that I am so happy. Because of my faith and knowledge that He lives. Because of my testimony and my conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
"Your happiness now and forever is conditioned on your degree of conversion and the transformation that it brings to your life." - Elder Richard G. Scott
The knowledge and testimony I have is what makes me so happy. Without it, I would be completely and utterly lost. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Christ lives. He is there for us in every situation, whether big or small. He loves us with an infinite love, and wants nothing more than for us to be able to return to Him. I know that He will return one day, and boy am I looking forward to that. :) I know that our prayers are answered, in the very best possible way - to bless us. I know that He hears us, and will comfort us and help us. I know this gospel is true, and I love it with all of my heart.
Speaking of happy...this little guy has stole my heart and brings me so much joy! 

No comments: