Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference Weekend 2014

This is always my favorite time of the year, I love hearing the inspired counsel of our leaders. This year I was so blessed to be able to get tickets for both the Women's Meeting and a session of Conference!
My friends and I decided to stay in a hotel Friday night, and then go to conference the next day. It was so amazing that we got enough tickets for everyone, it really just all fell into place. As soon as I found out that we would be heading to Salt Lake, I emailed my friend, Natalie, to see if we could meet up! Natalie and I have had many of the same surgeries and same wonderful blessings in our lives! I found out about her about a year ago through a news article and then I found her on facebook. Since that time we have been communicating and trying to figure out a time to meet. I was so excited to be finally meeting her! We set the time for Friday night!
I drove the entire time, both to and back from Salt Lake. On our trip to St. George, Sam drove through Salt Lake so this was kinda my first 'real' time. :) I wasn't scared and it went really well! I told Andy that I am now ready to drive to Jersey this month. ;) haha. We got to our hotel (we got a king suite, it was wonderful!!!) and just hung out for a while. It came time for me to meet Natalie and I was just too excited! :) We met at Zupa's for dinner (basically my favorite place ever:), and we enjoyed each other's company over a most delicious meal! I could have talked to her for the entire night, there was hardly any silence in our conversation. :) We talked about our surgeries, growing up, our doctors, and we found out that we have the same career plan! So basically, we decided we're twins. :) It was so wonderful to meet her and her sweet mom and sister! Natalie is so amazing, I look up to her so much. She has gone through so much but her contagious smile and optimistic attitude is just so perfect. I'm looking forward to the next time!!!
Isn't she just so beautiful!? 
After my wonderful dinner, we decided to hit the pool and hot tub. It was basically a pretty great night. :) 
McKell is a hottie! :) 
Em & I relaxing after! 
The next morning we went and ate breakfast, then watched the first session of conference in bed. 
Meagann, myself and McKell (Emily & Caitlin were in the living room watching it on the other t.v.:)
We were ready and left just in time to check out. The weather was good, not perfect but it wasn't freezing either. :) The temple grounds were so beautiful, the blossoms were just blooming on the trees...I love spring time. 
Our tickets were pretty good, five rows from the front! This picture doesn't do justice because it was taken at the end when everyone was standing up. :) 
The drive on the way home wasn't bad at all! There was one spot, where it randomly turned into a downpour and I could barely see! As I was driving through it I was thinking about how that is how life is sometimes. Everything is going well, and then something comes up, or hard happens. But, if we keep pressing forward, with a prayer in our heart, we will always make it to the sunshine!
Sunday was so fun to spend with my family. I can't say enough how much I love them and my little munchkins!! 
Hiram had so much fun getting to know Victor. :) And he has loved playing so much with Ella & Ava! 
I am so incredibly thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As Natalie and I were talking on Friday we both easily came to the conclusion that if we didn't have the gospel in our lives, neither of us would have been able to do what we've done...or continue on. I am so grateful for President Monson and the many Apostles and their inspired counsel and words. I know that Christ lives, and that only in Him and through Him can we become who we need to be. 
#ldsconf
One of my many favorites! Find the rest of Conference HERE

No comments: