Monday, April 21, 2014

Dreaming of Summer

First things first, I'm one happy aunt!! I got a new niece last Saturday, a beautiful baby girl. She is such an angel, her name is Elsie and I love her too much already! Having Angelene and Hiram here for two months was so much fun that it deserves it's own post. I'll just include a couple pictures of their cuteness. :) 
I got to hold Elsie when she was just two hours old! So precious. 
Hiram and I watching the sunrise! He wakes up too early for my liking. :)
Flying a kite, this kid braved the wind and cold and had a blast! 
- - -
I can't believe that my first year of college is quickly coming to an end. It's be one heck of a year, that's for sure. 
One full of learning, stressful nights, laughing, growth, happiness, and so much more. I've been so blessed!
Thinking back to each semester, I can always think of the many tender mercies that my Father in Heaven has blessed me with every day. From finding the perfect jobs, to having great teachers, and being able to do so well in my classes. He truly has blessed me in every way these semesters. 
I've met so many wonderful people and amazing friendships have come out of it. Including this cute girl, who I like to call Sam. :) Basically we're second cousins. Sorta. 
Sam is someone who I will never forget, she is just the girl I have needed in my life this past year. It's so comforting to know that God will bless us in every possible way to make us happiest. Sam is someone who will befriend everyone, she has such a sweet personality and a smile that will light up the room! Her testimony is solid and I love how she is always sharing it through not only words but how she lives her life. I look up to her so much and am so grateful for her moving in so we could meet. :) We have had so many memories the past year, and I'm looking forward to the next few years and see where each other's life will go. :) 
I'm happy school is {basically}over, but I will miss it! I do enjoy learning and pushing myself. :) College is the best, everyone in high school that is reading this, don't worry about missing high school! You will, but college will prove to be soo much better. :)
I'm off to New Jersey in one week, I can't believe how fast these four months have flown! I remember back in the month of dreary, cold January, finding out I would be moving and how excited I was. But four months seemed so far away. :) My life is flying before my eyes and I have learned to embrace every day. Another day, another blessing. I'm so blessed! I'm looking forward to New Jersey, I'll come back a different woman. ;)
Wish me luck with finals, work, school, packing, and then driving 36 hours. :) I think I'm ready!

1 comment:

mattandangelene said...

Oh Aunt Julia... how we miss you!!! I loooove those pics of you and Hiram! And you will always be the lucky one that got to hold Elsie so soon! Miss you tons and love you more!