Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Break 2k14

My first spring break as a college student was definitely one to remember and so many memories were made! I am so grateful for Sam, the amazing friend she is and all she does for me! She played a huge role in this trip and without her I think it wouldn't have happened. :) 
We left Sunday morning, but first got a blessing from my amazing dad & brother. I don't know how I got so blessed to have such great men in my life! He reassured us that we would travel safely and that we would have a good time together. We then headed to my homeward's sacrament meeting, it was good to be back. :) We were on our way! 
It really wasn't all that bad of a drive, yes a bit long but I had great company. :) It was my first time driving on the freeway so that was interesting but a good experience! haha. We did find out that Sam has a bit of road rage, if you're ever on the same road as her you must use your blinker, you cannot pull in front of her, and if you're driving in the left lane slowly you better watch out! ;) haha. 
Before we got to Mesquite we stopped at Dixie Rock in St. George. It was so beautiful! Sam had me go into the 'crack' with her, I was so positive that I was going to die there or wasn't going to make it through! But, we both made it. :) haha. We were then on our way to Mesquite!! 
This is the crack we climbed through, I am not usually claustrophobic but this was one of the few times I was. :) 
We made it to Mesquite and had a delicious steak dinner from her dad! It was so good, especially all we had eaten that day was little snacks. After dinner Sam took me to meet her friends. It was so fun to meet the people I had heard so much about! They were all so sweet and it was great to meet them. 
- - - 
Monday was planned to go hiking in Zions. I had heard so much about Angel's Landing, how beautiful and scary it was! We decided to go through with it, and boy am I so glad! It was a hard hike (for me at least, I am so out of shape!), but it was so worth it. Sam and I pushed each other to reach the end, so it was good to have her there making me go farther. :) We finally made it, and ate a little lunch. 
See that very tip in the right corner? That is the top! 
'I'm on top of the world, hey!' 
Scout's Landing.
After Angel's Landing we decided to hit Emerald Pools. It was more of a little nature walk, but it was still so pretty! 
Gotta love those selfies... :) haha. 
We finally made it to my car, exhausted and worn out! We decided we deserved delicious bread sticks and smoothies. :) 
- - -
Tuesday was spent shopping and attending the temple. I was looking for a purple dress for my brother's upcoming wedding, but to my dismay I didn't find anything! We still have a while, eventually I'll find one. :) The St. George Temple was so beautiful! It was such a good experience to take time from our busy plans and feel of our Savior's love and peace. I love the temple so much and am so blessed to have one that is so close. It was a beautiful day, which made for some fun picture taking. :) 
The temple makes me jump for joy! haha. :)
Love this girl! 
These flowers were so beautiful!! 
These jumping pictures were fun. :) If you look close in the bottom one we have some men walking behind us and one guy is looking at us like we're crazy. :) 
On the way home we decided to have a bubble blowing contest. Sam easily won, haha. :) I got some quality pictures, too! haha. 
Sam wanted to go visit her old soccer coach so we did! Well during the whole trip we would randomly take turns on who had the keys. When we got out of the car I thought she had them, and she thought she gave them to me. Long story short when we got to my car we looked on my seat and there they were! Scott (old soccer coach, who is also a cop) tried to come and break in but couldn't. He tried for probably 45 minutes, we felt so bad because we were making him late for a soccer game! He was so nice to try and help. He gave us a ride home, and we tried to not think about all the stuff that was in my car (luckily we had my phone so we had someway to still get a hold of someone!). 
Sam and I decided to go sit in the hot tub and just relax, it worked. :) We were able to just talk and forget about how we were stressed about being car less! Just as we were heading to bed we got a text from Scott telling us he got into our car and was just dropping it off. We were so incredibly grateful for that and so grateful he sacrificed so much of his time helping us sillies! :) It was a tender mercy that it happened in front of his house, someone we knew and trusted and someone that could help us. Heavenly Father was looking out for us in every way! 
- - - 
Wednesday was the day we had to go home. :( I really didn't want to leave, I had so much fun and so many memories were made! We headed to St. George and met up with my best friend Elizabeth! :) We went and got lunch with her, it was so fun to see her and catch up with her for a few hours. I am so excited for our summer together! 
She makes me look albino! ;) haha, I have got to have my skin see sunshine I guess. :) 
homeward bound! 
The drive home wasn't too bad, it was longer this time though because we stopped at the Salt Lake and Brigham City Temples. Those were nice breaks though, it was good to get out of the car for a few minutes and stretch our sore legs. :) 
The Salt Lake Temple! So beautiful. 
We had to stop of hot chocolate, who knew the culture shock from 88 degrees to 35 could be so hard. ;) haha. 
Brigham City Temple! We hit four temples in one week (Logan before we left). 
Aren't we so clean!? :) haha. We came to the conclusion we could never live in a car! 
- - - 
This trip was so fun and one that I will never forget! We were so blessed and I love knowing that Heavenly Father was looking out for us in every situation. Now back to real life...back to school and work...just about a month left, though! Then I'm off to Jersey. I'll be honest, it is bittersweet. I am so excited for the many new adventures but at the same time I am going to miss being home and the fun things that happen during the summers here. But I feel that this is the right thing to do, the Lord will always provide and bless me with what is best. I know He lives, and I know that He is in the details of our lives! I am so overwhelmed with how blessed I am, I love life. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're so awesome. And the greatest friend! And you got in the details I didn't which I am so grateful I have two different places to remember the memories! Thank you for this awesome trip! It wouldn't have even been half as fun without you!