Sunday, February 23, 2014

True beauty.

Everyday I see pictures everywhere. Pictures of people. People smiling. Smiles that are perfect. And then I see my smile. My smile is different. My smile makes me noticeably unique.

This world is full of people who are 'supposed' to be what 'beautiful' is. We as women often compare ourselves to them, and see our flaws and how we're not as pretty as so-and-so. I'll be honest, at the beginning of my facial palsy I felt so ugly. I had half a smile, and no movement at all on the left side of my face. It took me a bit to realize that just because I had a unique smile didn't mean I wasn't beautiful. And luckily, I quickly realized as well that beauty wasn't just on the outside.

I'm not trying to be conceited, but I see beauty in myself. I don't look at my flaws and focus on those. I am a beautiful Daughter of God, and I know that He sees worth in me and my many differences! To every woman, young and old, know that you are beautiful! No matter how you may think you look. Physical appearance is not all that important to Him, but what He sees in your heart. You are beautiful to Him! If only we could see what He sees in each of us.

No comments: