Sunday, February 16, 2014

Brothers.

I'm such a blest girl. 
You see, I've been blessed with the best brothers a girl could ask for!! Three are older, one is younger. They're all my friends and role models. They each have taught me many things that have helped me to become a better person. 
First, there is Andy (to most, known as Andrew, I call him Andy:). He's the oldest in my family and when I was just five years old he went on his mission to Russia. He may be fifteen years older than me, but that doesn't mean anything! Actually, it just means that he has more to teach me and he is much wiser than me. :) I will always cherish the many memories we have together and I'm so grateful to have him as my eldest brother and friend! I love having him so close and I love that he lets me help so much with his cute kiddos. He is a great father and husband, his children adore him! I'm looking forward to this summer, having his as my boss. ;) haha. 
Loren. This handsome guy has always been an example to me of perseverance and achieving goals. He is extremely smart, this next fall he is going to start dental school! Then he can check my teeth for freee! :) haha, hopefully. It has been really fun to have him live so close to home so I get to see him often, I'm going to miss that next semester! When I was in high school he would take me on 'dates.' Out to dinner, to a show, etc. Those are memories I'll always cherish! Lately he's been my go-to-guy on dating/life advice, he's the best. :) He is a very giving person, and always is looking out for the other person. I love hearing his testimony, especially in Thai! 
Lee David. One reason why I'm so grateful I am going to this singles ward (rather than student ward) is because my brother Lee is as well! It's been so fun to spend more time with him, even if he does tease me a lot! Lee is super kind and sweet, once on my way to a date he texted me and said, 'By the way, you looked beautiful today!' That made my day. :) Lee is the one who started me riding horses again! He assured me that Copper was a good horsey and that he wouldn't buck me off. And, he didn't. :) Lee is extremely talented with horses and all animals, he knows how to take perfect care of them! When we went back to New York (where Lee served his mission), it was so fun to see everyone! They all adored him, and I could see just how many lives he touched. He has a very strong testimony, and I love seeing that come out. 
James, Farmer Jo, Smooch. 
What a cutie, right!? Even though James & I have our days where we get on each other's nerves and almost kill each other (hahah, not really), I truly am so grateful to have him as my little brother. He is super smart, give him any huge number and he'll multiply it in his head in a jiffy! He is a very fast runner (those little legs can move!), and is very good at basically any sport! James just has a good heart, and is always wanting to do what is right. I've been blessed to have such a wonderful little brother as a great example to look up to. From basketball games, to piano lessons, to Washington D.C., I have so many great memories with him!!! 
As you can see, I'm a lucky, lucky girl! These four men are one big blessing in my life. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father gave me them, I know that each of them are always there for me and will do anything for me! They are each stellar examples of living Christ-like lives, one day I hope to be half as good as they are. 

No comments: