Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Festivities

Christmas was SO fun this year. Everyone in my family was able to make it home, so it was definitely a full house! 23 of us, eight of them under the age of three. Needless to say it was a bit chaotic, but it was a good chaos. :) haha. Christmas Eve we had a good meal, then afterwards we acted out the nativity. This year it was mostly the kids who were acting, which made it super cute! We then gave each other our gifts, we draw names and keep it a secret! This year I had them almost all figured out! :) 
 Shara and Kyle had me, they gave me a mini donut maker! 
I loooove it. :) 
 I had Sherese & Eric! 
 I just love all the smiles in this picture, especially Ava's grin. :) 
 Lee, Andrew & Ester, James and I bought a potbelly pig for my dad. He's always told us that he's had every breed of a pig, but we proved him wrong. :) Now, he's had every breed. haha. He wasn't all that pleased. :) If you would like a pet pig give us a hollar! 
Sibling love. :) 
 The moms doing Santa. Their hubbys helped too:) 
 Our tree...
 The kids going through their stockings! 
 Hiram helping me open presents. 
Lee's box of goodies! 
My most favorite kiddos ever. L to R: Ella, Victor, Ava, Suzan, Bodee, Wyatt, and Hiram. 
Ella & Ava got a bounce house which was a hit! 
Poor Lee, always tired.
- - -
I was definitely spoiled this year! It was so fun to have everyone here, the kids made it magical! Christmas is my favorite time of the year, if you didn't know that already. :) haha. The morning after Christmas we had family pictures. I can't wait to see them!! Even though I couldn't feel my toes and it was freezing, I think they turned out good and worth the cold! It was about time for our pictures, it's been four years! 
During the break Kyle, James, Angelene and I went sledding. I'll admit, I wasn't really wanting to go since it was cold and I'm not one to have fun in freezing weather! But, it was a ton of fun!! I'm so glad we found this spot that isn't very far away!! 
The break from school has been fun! It's been nice to be relaxed and not have to worry about homework! I am excited for the new semester though, it will be fun! 
Today I took Suzi down to see our new baby lambs. I know I say this too much, but I am so grateful for my munchkins and love them soo much!! I can't remember life without them. :) 
 I love her silly faces and blue eyes...
...and especially those smiles. 
2013 has been quite the year. - graduated from high school & seminary - made lots of memories in New Jersey - spent lots of time with my friends & family - held a tarantula - chopped a whopping ten inches off my hair - started school at Utah State- enjoyed my last Girl's Camp - showed my piggy for the last time in 4-H - rode a horse for the first time - first 'real' job - fainted in seminary (embarrassing moment of the year!:) - got my ears pierced - became an auntie for the seventh & eighth time (nine is almost here!) - I have been so blessed this year and have grown in many ways. 
I'm ready for 2014, I'm so excited to see where it takes me! I have a feeling it's going to be great. :) Woohoo!

No comments: