Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

My friend, Liz, came home from Dixie for Thanksgiving so we got together (of course!). We decided to make some gingerbread houses. Mine definitely wasn't the best gingerbread house I've made but it was fun! :) Liz's little sisters and another friend, Madi, were there as well. I had a great time being with them and I am counting down the days until she's here for Christmas Break! Hopefully sometime I'll make it down there, to the sunshine. :)
Lauren (Liz's little sister) and I hard at work! 
Mady & Madi (Liz is taking the pictures:)
Liz's beautiful house! haha.
All of our houses. L to R: Mine, Liz, Mady, Madi, and Lauren.
hehe, it turned out interesting... :)
On Saturday night I found out some bad news. A teacher from Mountain Crest was hit & killed by a train in Spanish Fork. His name was Mr. Litizzette. Although I never had him for a teacher, he did sub a couple of times in my classes and I have been sent to him for help on some assignments. He was such a kind man and he really cared about all the students. He made learning fun and had a bubbly personality. Mountain Crest never will be the same. In a way I'm glad I'm not there to see him not be there, but at the same time I want to be there with all my former classmates and friends. As Mr. Henke (the Principal at MC) said, "It's a big loss. A really big loss." Click HERE to read the news story telling more. Thanks for everything, Mr. Lit.
- - -
On a happy note, three more days of school!
More about my wonderful Thanksgiving later, I'm exhausted.

No comments: