Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful.

Even though for the past 26 days people have been posting on facebook about what they're thankful for and this is probably a little cliche..but I feel so blessed and am overwhelmed with the love of my Heavenly Father.
  • I am so thankful to have been blessed with the wonderful family that I have. Each of them help me become a better person and I can truly say they are my best friend. They love me for me. 
    • Okay I could not not list my munchkins, right!? :) They truly are my 'pride & joy' and I am so very thankful that they are mine!! Speaking of munchkins, Angelene & Matt found out their little one is a GIRL!! I'm so excited. Nine and counting....
  • I'm especially thankful for my smile, or just all trials in general. Although my smile is still hard at times; I feel like I'm not as beautiful as so-and-so, I am reminded of His love and what He thinks of me. It has taught me so much and I honestly don't know who I would be without it. My smile makes me who I am, and even though it definitely isn't easy, it's worth it. It blesses me in the long run.
  • I am so blessed with so many wonderful friends!! From 89-year-olds to two-year-olds...I love them all and I love seeing each of them! To each of you: THANK YOU for your love and listening ear. I love you and am more grateful for you than you know! 
  • I am thankful for the beautiful world I live in. The beautiful community and people I'm surrounded by (have I mentioned how much I miss my home ward!?). 
  • I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to attend school and gain an education. One which will help me hopefully change other people's lives and influence others for good. 
  • And of course my number one thing I'm grateful for is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It gives me purpose. I love how I can pray to Heavenly Father and always know He's listening. I love the peace, comfort, and strength I get from the Atonement. I love how much the Temple blesses my life; it is such a nice, peaceful break from the world. I love what is taught in the scriptures, and conference; I am able to learn what I can improve on and know what the Lord would have me know. I know it is true. 
    • I just have to share a little story about prayer/tender mercies. This year we bought a prelit Christmas Tree and we put it up on Friday the 22nd (yay!!). Well, half the lights worked which of course didn't make anyone too happy. That night I went out with friends and at 11:05 I got a text from my friend asking me about an assignment that was due at midnight. I had totally spaced it and ran home, thanking my Father in Heaven the entire time about the text. Okay now back to the tree...I finished my assignment (probably failed, haha!) and went to look at the tree. I felt bad since it was kind of me who decided to buy it and so I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me fix them. And what do you know....wala! They work. I love how He listens to the silliest of things and answers me.
    • It has 2,200 lights...ha.
I didn't want to make you too bored, but as you can tell I'm so blessed and have so much to be thankful for at this wonderful time of year!! Have a wonderful thanksgiving, and be safe! 
President Thomas S. Monson Gratitude Quote Wall Art INSTANT DOWNLOAD Printable General Conference Mormon LDS Religious Fall Thanksgiving Chalkboard - "To live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven." LOVE it!!

No comments: